HELP - Fedora 6 and 7 hangs with INTEL DQ965

Hi all,

I'm installing (trying) Fedora 6 and 7 in this machine with the follows
hardware:

Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz 1066MHz FSB
MB Intel DQ965GFEKR
2GB DDR2 - 667MHz FSB (2x 1GB - Dual Channel)
4 HD SATA 80GB - (2x RAID 1)
2 HD SATA 160GB - (RAID 1)

the Fedora 6 at first don't find the CD-ROM device, then I type "linux
all-generic-ide" in the install screen and works, but just after I chose
the language and keyboard it stops, no messages, in the text install it
stays at the blue screen, and in the graphical installation it just stop
responding at the keyboard screen.

In Fedora 7 it finds the CD-ROM device with no additional commands, don't
need the "all-generic-ide" but stops at the same screen, same problem.

No error message or anything at all. I can change the tty, type commands
and see the process running, but the installation stop.

Any idea? in both cases the OS is i386. could the OS 64bits work in this
case?  I also find in the Internet some tips to use the "pci=nommconf" but
no difference.
Some other tip was to change in BIOS setup, configure SATA as AHCI but
nothing, and I need it to be RAID.

thanks for your time.

Anderson Alipio
anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx