Re: An interesting message...is it still in Fedora?

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

I probably wrote most of the ISAKMP implementation that you are using
(Pluto, part of FreeS/WAN) if you are using IPSec on an old Linux
system.  Many people now use Raccoon instead.  I don't know anything
about masquarading ISKAMP (yuck).

Are you intentionally using IPsec?  Trying to Masquarade it?  Or is
this some kind of accident (eg. a random UDP 500 message being caught by ipchains)?

Here's an old HowTo that might be useful (I've not tried it).

I think you forgot the link - but I have a slightly different question anyway...

Do you know if it is possible to connect a linux GRE tunnel to a Cisco router (that part is easy), then crypto map the GRE packets at the Cisco physical interface and do something to match on the Linux side so you end up with normal-looking interfaces on both sides that can do multicast, routing protocols, etc.? This is common Cisco<->Cisco and would be equally useful Linux<->Cisco but I don't recall ever seeing any documentation for doing it that way.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx