Re: F7 Silly question about system-config-samba

2007/6/21, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
antonio montagnani wrote:

> tnx for quick answer...now the question is:
> 1) why nothing is changed in my samba.conf file if I write workgroup
> in that line?
> 2) why I see the shared directory from a Windows machine where
> workgroup is the name of workgroup???

I probably missed something in this thread. It is about using the
system-config-samba GUI interface, right?

Under preferences there are two options, one if for setting the
workgroup and the other is to set the allowed users.

If you choose preferences/server settings you can set the server name
and the workgroup that you want for it to refer to.

Under the preferences/Samba users option you have the ability to create
users allowed for samba, their permissions and the ability to create an
alias for the share that is different than the setting for the actual
user designated as the allowed entity.

Jim

Jim
right: I refer to the system-config-samba GUI interface.
I inserted the name of a workgroup in that line, but nothing change in
samba.conf.
And as I have a ; in front of workgroup line in samba.conf I am
surprised to share my shares from a Windows machine where workgroup is
the name of workgroup.
I hope to have clarified my points.....

--
Antonio Montagnani