Re: F7 Silly question about system-config-samba

antonio montagnani wrote:

tnx for quick answer...now the question is:
1) why nothing is changed in my samba.conf file if I write workgroup
in that line?
2) why I see the shared directory from a Windows machine where
workgroup is the name of workgroup???

I probably missed something in this thread. It is about using the system-config-samba GUI interface, right?

Under preferences there are two options, one if for setting the workgroup and the other is to set the allowed users.

If you choose preferences/server settings you can set the server name and the workgroup that you want for it to refer to.

Under the preferences/Samba users option you have the ability to create users allowed for samba, their permissions and the ability to create an alias for the share that is different than the setting for the actual user designated as the allowed entity.

Jim