Re: Fedora 7: mplayer plugin does not work with firefox (2.0.0 ?).

Dear Fedora Users,

Thank you for your responses. The problem with Firefox and mplayer
plugin is solved. I had nothing from totem software installed, so that
was not causing any trouble.

Just for the record I will briefly explain how I solved it

Left-clicking with the mouse in the mplayer plugin inset, brings up a
menu with "Configure" at the bottom". Here I had to UN-check the
following three critical items:
[ ] Play media directly from site (No Caching)
[ ] Connect to RTSP Media over TCP
[ ] Use HTTP instead of RTSP

Then everything worked like a charm!

Since I do not really understand these settings, I found the solution
by a little 'gambling' with the settings.

Best regards,
Rob.

It's here! Your new message!