A Movie system for FC6 and F7

           VLC

Last thing first. I put a DVD of the Honeymooners that has not ever been shown on FC6 and it works GREAT! I made it full screen and it was just like the TV set 50 years ago.

I was told to delete Totem and get vlc. I have yet to delete Totem but it will come soon. It is hard to delete because of the bad information I followed from this list. Quick to say I heard about vlc on this list.

Since vlc exists according to Google I tried the simple route first. I typed:

   # yum install vlc

and to my pleasure yum fooled around for 15 minutes gathering lib files needed to get vlc working and then it installed the whole thing. I went to Applications->Sound and Videos and there was vlc.

I clicked on it and a small panel showed up. No idea what to do but I clicked on File and then Open Disk and then clicked a little more and the movie started. It was exciting because I was not sure I would ever see this.

   This is on FC6 but I am sure you can yum it in on F7.

Karl Larsen