Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

Mike McCarty wrote:
Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
Hi All,

My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
Fedora?

In what way can a Uni force someone to use a particular OS?
Perhaps you mean "My Uni wants to use OpenSuse" (on its own
computers)". If that's the case, then I don't see why you have
any stake in the matter. If you can't think of any arguments
on your own, then ISTM you don't really have a preference. If
you do prefer FCx, then I suggest you go to your dean and
present why you prefer FCx.

Personally, I don't think FCx is a good choice for that environment,
anyway. It's sort of experimental.

Mike
Mike, how is FC5 or FC6 experimental (when we're now on FC7?)?
Jacob, confront your Univ. and ask them if they're getting funding from SuSE's parent company. Well, you might not want to do that, but money moves the world in more ways and places than we can probably imagine. By-the-way, I'm very fond of both OpenSuSE and FC.

Robert