Re: Movies on FC6 and maybe F7

Karl Larsen wrote:

Just to make sure my memory is not flawed I logged into my Fedora Core 4 on another partition. I used the following applications to view and listen to "The Honeymooners" on DVD:

MPlayer
Totem Movie Player
Xine Media Player

These are all in Applications->Sound and Video both in FC4 and FC6.

All the applications in FC4 worked fine. All the applications in FC6 do not work at all period.

Is it not possible to run the FC4 applications on FC6 and F7? Why will this not work? Is there a way to yum the FC4 applications into FC6 and F7?

It has never been possible to play encrypted (standard) DVDs on fedora as distributed. There are a number of 3rd party repositories that contain needed components that may not be legal to distribute in the US. Livna is the least likely of them to cause conflicts with base system packages.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx