Re: tons of spam

George wrote:
wow guys,
I've been signed up for this list for about a week and I've noticed a ton of spam coming in now. I guess I should have used a different address than my main one... I could stand the traffic, (and this is a high traffic list!) but all the spam, no way.

Good morning, George,

Looks like Monday arrived right on time for everybody ;)

A technique I use is to subscribe to the list twice, once using an address specifically for the list, and a second one using mailinator.com (they provide throw-aways for free). Disable delivery to the mailinator address and only use it to post to the list. Never send an email from the first address. This way one address receives list mail and the other sends it. The two should never cross and your delivery address remains private.

Hope the rest of your week is less eventful.

:m)