Re: Package managers gone haywire! yum, apt, rpm: pam fixed now but selinux is borked

Claude Jones wrote:
On Monday June 18 2007 9:18:37 am Daniel J Walsh wrote:
This sounds like  a labeling problem.  Have you tried to relabel the
system.

touch /.autorelabel
reboot

I just started a new thread on this issue, since the packaging problems seem to have been resolved for now. "Selinux so badly corrupted machine can't start" -- the machine won't boot to the point where it performs the relabel -- instead it fails to a shell and offers me the option of a reboot or file system check. File system check passes with no problems reported every time I run it. Reboot repeats the same cycle -- flood of errors, fail to shell...

Boot in permissive mode to establish the labeling.

kernel flag "enforcing=0" will do this for you.