Fedora 7 freezes two or three times per day

My Fedora 7 system is running well, except for the nasty habit of freezing two or three times per day when I am working. First: all windows stop responding to the mouse and key board, then soon after, the mouse freezes as well.

The only option available then is to press the reset button to reboot the system.

There doesn't appear to be any specific application that causes the freeze. It typically happens when I have a largish number of applications open at once (say: Firefox, Eclipse, Thunderbird, Pidgin, Terminal, Putty), but I could be working in any one of the applications.

This problem has been happening since I installed F7 soon after the official release. So I have seen this behavior with at least three kernels (including the last release a few days ago).

My system spec:

- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6600
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6
- Video card: Asus EN7900GS
- kernel.x86_64 2.6.21-1.3228

All currently available F7 updates installed.

Are there any known issues that may be causing this? If not, should I be reporting it as a bug?

Regards,
Langdon