Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

I read this article this morning and it is interesting and associated to the thread.

Red Hat Linux Gets Top Government Security Rating
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,132978-c,redhat/article.html
Quote from the article

Linux developers have been working to add these "SE Linux" access control features into the operating system for several years now. SE Linux shipped as part of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, and now it has been certified for government use, Frye said. "You now have a level of fine-grained control for everybody," he added. "You can set security based on groups or based on individuals."

Now does F7 follow the same security model or does RHEL5 have additional software added? But the addition of SELinux does improve the security of Linux, enough to get certification out of the box.

To me this is a good reason to support Fedora over OpenSuse.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.