Re: FC7 Samba

antonio montagnani wrote:
I have made a fresh installation of FC7.
I want to share a directory (see end of configuration file) called
antonio/staff that should be seen as [public].When I connect to shared
computers I see this computer the icon of public share, but if I click
on public icon I get the message that it is impossible to find it
(maybe recently erased).What am I missing??? I apologize for posting
my configuration file...

# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the
# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed
# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
    [public]
comment = Public Stuff
path = /home/antonio/staff
public = yes
writable = yes
printable = no
;    write list = +staff

I think you need to set the appropriate selinux context for the folder you want shared. Check the context first:
ls -lZd /home/antonio/staff

Then start a tail of the /var/log/messages, and see if any messages are added at attempt to connect.

su -c 'tail -f /var/log/messages'

DaveT.