Re: RPM with dictionaries

Remi Collet skrev:
Bjorge Solli a écrit :
Hi all,

I manage a lot of fedora core 5/6 (and soon 7) boxes and have
multi-lingual users who want dictionaries in thunderbird. Since the
dictionary folder is in
/usr/lib[64]/thunderbird-<version>/components/myspell normal users
cannot install dictionaries themselves, and I would have to install
them (dump the dic and iff files) in that dir every time thunderbird
gets an update, I was wondering if anyone have a better solution for
this than to make a script that runs in cron and fixes this on
thunderbird updates. Ideally I would like the thunderbird rpm
maintainer to also make an acompanying rpm with all the dictionaries
(or separate for each language) so that these files are installed on
updates of thunderbird itself. There are of course other ways of
fixing this, I just want to know what other people do.
I'm used to build thunderbird-langpack-fr with the french dictionaries.

You can have a look to my spec file :
http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/SPEC/thunderbird-langpack-fr-2.0.spec

Remi.

Thanks, I will try this. Is there a way to know in advance when there will be a new kernel package rolled out? A mailinglist or a feed of some sort?

Bjørge