Re: grub at start up

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 08:13 -0600, David G. Miller wrote:
> Ah yes, the info/man conundrum.  Man has the nice interface but the
> man page doesn't have the information.  The info-text file has the
> information but info has the world's worst interface.  Have mercy and
> recommend using pinfo instead of info.

To be honest, I couldn't really see pinfo offering me anything better
(both seemed awful), other than colour highlighting of the interactive
bits (which, otherwise, you have to find by a bit of guesswork).

You still have a painful hop, skip, and a jump, method of traversing a
document.  And they don't seem to understand the concept of going
backwards means going to back to the prior screen, not the top of the
page of the prior bit you were reading.  Grrr, read page, jump to
another page, go back, scroll back down the first page to where you were
up to, carry on reading and following links.

"yelp info:grub" was far less painful to navigate, though it's a GUI
tool (rather like using a web page with frames - navigational links in a
border, the content in the adjacent page).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.