Keyboard display on monitor

Maybe a bit OT, but after installing F7 and playing around with the
login manager under the Options menu, my notebook suddenly displayed
this keyboard display on the notebook's monitor itself:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jesus.salvo/p6160028.jpg

If I move the mouse, the pointer that is over the "keyboard" also
move. If I select "Menu" on the top left corner, the rows of keys are
highlighted, one row at a time, from top to bottom. If I select "Menu"
again, the individual keys are highlighted from left to right. Anyway,
I could not get rid of the keyboard display.

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

It seems that it thinks there are 2 pointer devices. Well ... I do
sort of have two. One is the built-in touch pad and another a USB
mouse. However, the touchpad is disabled via the button on the
touchpad itself, and the red light on the touchpad tells me that it is
disabled.

I have not tried replicating that display again.

The only references to google I can find using "keyboard on monitor" are:

1) Placing keyboard on monitor shelf
2) Banging of keyboard on monitor
etc..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22keyboard+on+monitor%22&btnG=Search