Re: LVM or FS:EXT3?

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 22:10 +0100, John bowden wrote:
> I'm just about to install F7 onto one of my machines. I have FC6
> installed and happy on one of my boxes and Mandriva on another. I'm
> more used to managing FS:EXT3 or EXT2 partitions than FC6's LVM. If I
> set up the new box with FS:EXT3 at the partition stage will F7 have
> any problems? I have a 40Gb chunk of IDE and a 250Gb of SATA to play
> with.

I ignored LVM and went for the traditional EXT3 partitions with FC7.
Didn't have any problems with that.  I've, previously, had plenty of
problems with LVM, and I need to be able to *EASILY* put drives in and
out of different boxes, in different combinations, so I don't like LVM.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.