Re: error partitioning for Fedora 7

On 6/16/07, zuo chungang <chgzuo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Sirs:
I had a problem when I tried to install fedora 7 on my HP pavilion a1540n
with Windows Media Center Edition 2005 (MCE 2005) in the same hard-drive. I
allocated 5 partitions for my windwos MCE 2005. When I created a swap
partition with 2GB, it was OK. But after that I could create any other
partitions such as /, /boot, etc. If I created a partition of / with 50GB,
it was OK. But I could not create any other partitions after that. So the
problem was I could only create one partition, but not more than one
partition. The message was:
    Error Partitioning
Could not allocate requested partitions: Partitioning failed: Not enough
space left to create partition for None.
But I had about 70GB space in my hard-drive after I installed Windows MCE
2005. I searched Internet and could not find the reason and solution. That
is why I look for your help here.

Sincerely,

Chun

Use search term "partition hard drive".

Your drive can only have four (4) primary partitions. Mirre than four
partitions requires that one of the primary partitions be an extended
partition. Within the extended partition you may add or create logical
partitions.