Re: Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.7 is needed by package xine-lib-extras-nonfree

On 16/06/07, David Boles wrote:

>>> Still released updates for Fedora 7 break dependencies, e.g.:
>>>
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg01776.html
>>>
>> The only way to actually find those before they are released would be to
>> run them on every conceivable computer with all the hardware ever sold.
>>

> We talk about "broken dependencies" as in "broken RPM package
> dependencies", not about bugs in the software.

Ok. Which of those broken dependencies listed in the report directly
affects you?

That doesn't matter at all. Just because the list contains packages,
which you don't use, does not imply that no other users use any of
these packages.

Did you file a bug report about it?

Package maintainers receive the broken deps reports by private mail.
That is sufficient, since very often packages only need a rebuild and
no modifications. Using automated bugzilla ticket submissions would be
a more aggressive form.