Re: No desktop on F-7

Ed Greshko wrote:
Hans Müller wrote:
Hello, I try to use F-7 as an virtual machine under vmware.
When I try to login I only see the desktop background. No menus,panels etc are shown.
I can only press Ctrl+alt+back to restart the X server.
Any ideas what goes wrong?
It is an clean install of F-7 with all updates.

You may need to be a bit more specific about what product and version of
vmware you are using.  I'm running VMware Workstation V6 on RHELv4 with an
F7 guest without problems.

perhaps the usual esd bug ? Try to move all .gonf and .gnome* and to verify it will work.

Andrea