Re: F7 : usb devices lost regression

dexter wrote:
On Thu June 14 2007 04:52:05 Skunk Worx wrote:
On most of my servers I use a variety of external USB devices.

They are normally detected on boot.

Under F7 they are not. I have seen this a few times in the past when
kernels changed under FC6, so I know a fix is probably on the way.

I can't use F7 without USB working from power up. Someone would have to
run around cycling power or hotplugging all the devices around the shop
and in the field...not usable as-is.

What is a decent workaround? Can I rmmod/insmod something or otherwise
somehow rescan the USB from a script?

There is a udev workaround I've been using for months now during f7 devel to solve this in bz#204396 or see my patch.

Is there a new kernel on the way?

It ain't been fixed as of kernel 3226.fc7. start making noise in the above bug number.

...dex

Thanks. The bz is a little hard for me to follow.

I added a modprobe of usb-storage and a sleep just before I need to access the device(s).

Total hack workaround but it gets me there.

---
John