Re: What is en_US ?

Hi all, particularly Les and jdow;

For me, now this delightful OT thread has turned serious.

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 00:21 -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Les" <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Oh, that's nasty, Les. You're not supposed to notice that little problem
> with the wonderful national medical care Canada has. You're also not
> supposed to notice all the patients who need help and can afford it who
> go to private practice doctors rather than die waiting for their turn
> for a procedure that is budgeted for only 8 of them per year and you are
> the tenth patient.
>
> {^_-}

Americans are going to face a debate about Health Care issues over the
next year and a half.  As someone who has worked in the Canadian Health
Care system for a provincial government as well as representing various
Health Care client/interest groups,  let me tell you both American
political parties and your media have completely mis-formed your health
care debate.

I know that American Health Care is a way OT for this list, but I have
noticed that most of the people on this list are thoughtful (with an
occasional fun eye twinkle) and not political troglodytes.  By that I
mean we are more likely to get a meaningful discussion than a political
shouting match.   So, if someone here wants to have a thoughtful, fact
based, discussion of health care systems around the world and how they
might be applicable and useful in the upcoming American election debate,
start a new thread and I, for one, would be happy to join in the
discussion.

I am leaving it to others to start the thread, just to see if someone
actually is interested in a real discourse and don't find the subject
too far Off Topic.

--
Regards Bill