Re: Icons shows Java

On 6/15/07, Per Qvindesland <per@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

Sorry this might been up already in the discussion, but on my fc6 any
zip, tar.gz or open office docs shows as java docs, so the only way of
opening them is by right clicking and choose the right app to open it
with, I have tried to right click and go down to properties and setting
the right app to open it with but it still shows up as java and I still
need to choose the right app to open it with.

Does anyone on the list have a fix for this?

did this happened after you install Sun's JDK RPM?? if yes .. try this

http://blog.kagesenshi.org/2007/02/jdk-6-rpm-messed-up-with-zip-mimetype.html

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail