Some simple questions.

I have just set up a diskless client to one of my machines (for mythtv)
and have a few, dumb, problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

   The machine host name is wrong.  I had assumed that the kernel picked
    up its IP address with dhcp, and then went to either /etc/hosts or to
    dns to get the host name.  The machine has the correct IP address,
    and /etc/hosts and dns both have the correct forward and reverse
    translations, but the machine gets the hostname mythtv rather
    than mythtv-fe.

1)  Is there someplace else that the hostname is stored?
      The very first line in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit is
           HOSTNAME=`'bin/hostname`
       so it has figured it out by that time.

Initially I was not able to get out to net from the client.
I did a
        echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
and I can now get out USING IP ADDRESSES.

2) I seem to remember that there is some preferred place to put this
    echo command, but cant remember where.  I can put it anywhere,
    but would like it where it belongs (and where I can find it later).

3) From the outside I can ping the client with either name or IP address.
    From the client,  I can ping, and do ssh, and whatever with IP addresses,
    I can't do them with host names.  The /etc/resolv.conf is the same as on
    my other machines, but nslookup just hangs.

    Im confused on this one, any thoughts?  Whats missing?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@xxxxxxx