Re: What is en_US ?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I tested a group of students some years ago,
to see if they knew whether a book was published in the US or the UK,
and none of them had the slightest idea.
Actually I have versions of several books which were published simultaneously in England and the US. (Notably Tolkien's LoTR and Rowling's HP&TGoF) _The Lord of the Rings_ is identical (and in fact there is a notation in the version published in England, stating that it was printed from the plates for the "authoritative" US edition). There are minor differences in spelling and some word usage between the US and UK versions of _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire_. Actually, I'm told the title of the first Potter book is different for the US and UK printings.
   Cheers,
Gordon Keehn (Anglophile)