Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

On 06/13/2007 02:12:32 AM, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
Hi All,

My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to
now I'm a happy
Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I
should keep using
Fedora?

There has been several excellent responses, so if this is actually more noise than help, I apologise.

IMHO, how hard you should work to have Fedora depends. I'm assuming that the actual hardware belongs to the university. In which case, you would need a _very_ compelling reason to make fedora stick, and I doubt that there is such a strong reason.

However, as an alternative, you should be able to run fedora in a virtual machine. Then the University doesn't have a need to complain, and you are working in your preferred environment.

Hope this helps