Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 08:12:32AM +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:

> My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
> Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
> Fedora?

Beste Jouk,

What's the problem?
You obviously are already using Fedora. So you have the freedom
to install your own software on your work PC.
Unless the Uni/IT dept decides for a policy where only the IT dept
determines, controls and enforces which software you can use on
your work PC you should have no problem continuing using Fedora.
I have only encountered such a situation at TNO.

But I could understand them trying to standardize the situation
for students and say administrative staff who need some (a lot)
of help. (though I doubt even Delft has broken the shackles of
Microsoft).

But OpenSuse is a good distro, on par with Fedora.
After a couple of weeks use you would be comfortable enough.

Alexander