Re: NFS Fedora 7

On 6/12/07, Mike Chambers <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 11:35 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Tom Weniger <trweniger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 6/6/07, CH <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I did a fresh install of Fedora 7 off the live CD. After that I did a yum
> > > install what I wanted and updated it.
> > >
> > > With FC6 I have no problem connecting to a another linux box using NFS.
> > > Now I have a problem doing that.
> > >
> > > When I try to mount it, it says "input/output error". What the heck am I
> > > missing here?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Will
> > >
> > Greetings Will,
> >
> > I believe that the new version (NFSv4) has quite a few changes in it
> > that I was planning on learning this weekend. It also seems that
> > portmapper has been deprecated since I cannot find it locally or on
> > the repositories. Suggestions from the rest of the gallery would be
> > appreciated too.

turn on rpcbind and you'll be all set.  That is the service to use now
instead of portmapper.

I had no problems on my FC7 test boxes connecting to an FC6 NFS box
(used it for my installs actually as well), and it worked quite well.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"

Greetings Mike,

Did you enable rpcbind on all your boxes or just the server? Is there
anything else to do on the server or client side?
Current status is that I have all my NFS services working (rpcinfo -p
server) on both the server & client. My firewall (server & client) has
ports 111, 2049, 4000, 4001, 4002 and 4003 configured and open for the
various nfs services. I can exportfs my shares but cannot mount them
on the client due to  timimg out. I am currently trying to configure
nfsvers=3.
Any other suggestions?
--
Virtually,