Re: NFS Fedora 7

On 6/6/07, Tom Weniger <trweniger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/6/07, CH <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I did a fresh install of Fedora 7 off the live CD. After that I did a yum
> install what I wanted and updated it.
>
> With FC6 I have no problem connecting to a another linux box using NFS.
> Now I have a problem doing that.
>
> When I try to mount it, it says "input/output error". What the heck am I
> missing here?
>
> Thanks,
> Will

Greetings Will,

I believe that the new version (NFSv4) has quite a few changes in it
that I was planning on learning this weekend. It also seems that
portmapper has been deprecated since I cannot find it locally or on
the repositories. Suggestions from the rest of the gallery would be
appreciated too.

I myself have never gotten NFSv4 to work in FC6. I would like to
believe F7 has NFSv3

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud