Re: Fedora 7 dhclient having issues?

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:47:57 +0200
Alexander Volovics <awol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 07:08:28AM -0400, David Vernon wrote:
>
> > I seem to be having an issue with dhclient. If I attempt to bring
> > any of my interfaces up on a new network 'ifup {ethX,wlanX)' just
> > hangs. Trying to restart networking or any other network admin task
> > hangs after that in a way that Ctrl-C can not get me out of. The
> > fix for me has been to 'rm -f /var/lib/dhclient/*'. If I do that
> > before trying to start the network interfaces then they come up
> > without delay. I see no other mention of this in the list. Am I
> > alone on this or does dhclient really need to have its memory
> > erased to work?
>
> Is this on an intel core2 duo cpu with the fedora7 x86_64 version?
> I have just installed F7-x86_64 on such a machine and immediately
> encountered the same problem (eth0 could not be activated at boot).
> Trying to bring it up after boot resulted in the machine completely
> freezing. No way to get out of it except pulling the plug.
>
> I have not tried removing /var/lib/dhclient/* or any other 'fix'.
> Shall have to check bugzilla I expect. Don't know what to make of
> this.
>
> Alexander

I added the following to bugzilla 243586:

------- Additional Comments From acbk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  2007-06-10 09:13
EST ------- I have a intel board with core2duo and f7-x86_64.
It shows the same behaviour as described above,

Strange is that when I press the reset switch of the computer before
the failure indication, the computer restarts and fully boots with the
networking inplace and doing what it is supposed to do.

My F8 box behaves identical.

Did you find a solution inthe mean time?

Henk