Re: Feature Request "secure by default"

Andras Simon wrote:
On 6/10/07, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
So, talking about Fedora or RH systems, by default the daemon which listen
for
connections are only the ones you'd choose to install during your
installation process, right?

Not quite. I unchecked just about everything (and certainly all
servers) during the install. Still, I found a lot of potentially
dangerous services running. At some point during the install I said NO
for ipv6. Still, I have the ipv6 kernel module loaded, and my nic has
an inet6 address. Etc.

Ipv6 is not a daemon or service. What daemons by default are connecting to the network?

Rahul