Re: I give up on Fedora 7 going back to FC6

Paul Smith wrote:
On 6/9/07, Jeffrey Ross <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sorely disappointedly in this release, not sure where it went wrong
but...

I'm going back to FC6, at least it was stable.  Fedora 7 locks up the
machine constantly.  Longest run time I've had with Fedora 7 was roughly
23 hrs, shortest was about 15 minutes.

FC6 ran for weeks on end and only got restarted because I downloaded a
new kernel it *NEVER* locked up the machine.

Besides F7 locking the system up, I've had GNOME loose the desktop
(Panels?) where I had all the windows but the menu bars disappeared.  Or
I've had the menu freeze on GNOME where the application menu drops down
and then freezes, all the other windows that are up already continue to
work fine.

I do plan on going back to Fedora 7, maybe wait a month or two maybe the
kernel issues will be straightened out.

Yes, Jeff, F7 kernel is in fact buggy. However, you can install the
last FC6 kernel on F7 and  it works. Here, I am running F7 with a FC6
kernel.

Paul

How do I install the kernel from FC6 on the F7 machine?