Datum: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 10:51:58 +1000
Von: David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: Installation Problem - f7 vmware

Olaf Hartmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded from the mirror the DVD Fedora 7.0 and afterwards I have
> burnt the ISO with Nero.
>
> I would like to install it in VMWARE.
which one? Version ?
Works OK for me with vmware-server-1.0.3 on fc6 or f7, and the
any-any109 patch.

> The installation starts.
>
> Then I am asked for keyboard layout. This is still o.k.
>
> But then the installation program cannot find the CD to continue.
vmware provides multiple disk emulation types, scsi {from memory text
says this is recommended}, however, it doesn't seem to work in f7.
Choose the IDE disk type instead.

By the way, vmware-server-console can be used to make a virtual cd drive
available to the virtual machine - but this CD can actually be any iso
image. You could point to the location of the iso image and not have to
burn it to dvd...

DaveT.