Re: Installation Problem - f7 vmware

On 6/8/07, David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Olaf Hartmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded from the mirror the DVD Fedora 7.0 and afterwards I have
> burnt the ISO with Nero.
>
> I would like to install it in VMWARE.
which one? Version ?
Works OK for me with vmware-server-1.0.3 on fc6 or f7, and the
any-any109 patch.

> The installation starts.
>
> Then I am asked for keyboard layout. This is still o.k.
>
> But then the installation program cannot find the CD to continue.
vmware provides multiple disk emulation types, scsi {from memory text
says this is recommended}, however, it doesn't seem to work in f7.
Choose the IDE disk type instead.

By the way, vmware-server-console can be used to make a virtual cd drive
available to the virtual machine - but this CD can actually be any iso
image. You could point to the location of the iso image and not have to
burn it to dvd...

DaveT.

Check the VMware forums and you will find that the F7 kernel has a
problem with the LSI Logic SCSI emulator. Use the Buslogic emulator
instead.