Re: updating Fedora 7 & KDE

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List;

in the past I've always had to add a KDE repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and run a "yum update" or "yum install <kde stuff>" to get a fully updated system.

Likewise after my initial install I usually had lots of updates to be applied.

Upon installing Fedora 7 I went to the update tool (smart I think) and I only had a short list of updates.

Is this really the full list of updates to bring my system current?

Yes.
Further to that, there is quite a few updates in updates-testing and announced on fedora-test-list. If you would like to help out the fedora project, you could enable the updates-testing repo. An update would then get these testing releases. They could of course introduce more problems than they solve - that is why they are in the testing repository - to get wider feedback from real users.

When I did the install I went to the dialog to add additional repositories and it wanted a url and a name only. I had no clue what url to enter so I skipped it.

This is only required if you need to select packages from a third party or custom repository.
The URL to enter must be a folder. The folder must contain the repodata folder, which must contain repomd.xml and a few other files that describe to yum what packages are available in that repo, and what the file locations are.

DaveT.