Re: tracking down a lockup problem

>> Jeffrey Ross wrote on Tue, Jun 05 2007 at 09:36 (-0400):
>>> I'm having system lockup problems with Fedora 7.  This is running on a
>>> machine that ran FC6 for long stretches of time without reboot.
>>>
>>> My questions are:
>>>
>>> 1) How to I track down what is causing the lockups
>>
>> read /var/log/messages
>> and the output of dmesg.
>>
>> Post your problem on this list, someone may be able to help you out.
>>
>>> 2) When I find out what is causing the lockups how do I submit a
>>> bug?
>>
>> If it is really a bug and not some misconfiguration:
>>
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
>>
>> Andreas.
>
> attached are links to the output of dmesg and /var/log/messages (last two
> reboots)  I left them as links due to their size.  If anybody has
> suggestions I'd appreciate it.
>
> Also I have noticed that after a lockup, if I restart the machine with the
> reset button the USB devices don't all come back unless I unplug and
> replug them or do a second reboot.   The machine is running on a 2.8 Ghz
> Pentium D (Dual Core) and Fedora is x86_64.  The Motherboard is an Intel
> DG965RY with 2GB of RAM.
>
> links:
>
> http://jr.bubble.org/dmesg.txt
> http://jr.bubble.org/messages.txt
>

> Any help would really be appreciated!
>
> Thanks, Jeff

I just installed the newly posted kernel (2.6.21-1.3219.fc7) last night
hoping it would somehow solve my lockup problems, alas, no such luck the
system just restarted itself via the watchdog timer. :(

I'm at a loss to provide useful information as nothing is sent to the
console (I've correctly set up a serial console).

Suggestions?  Everything was quite stable under FC6 and I would prefer not
to go back if I don't have too.  Am I the only one with lockup problems
with Fedora 7 with a Dual Core processor running x86_64 and Intel's 965
chipset?

Thanks, Jeff