Re: FC7 from FC6 - Grub non updated [MORE INFO]

Mark Haney wrote:

> I just did a couple more upgrades, these at my house and on every
> occasion (without xen kernels installed) grub was NOT updated properly.
>   In each case (3 in fact) grub.conf was left with the
> no-longer-available FC6 kernel as the default boot kernel and I had to
> manually edit it.

Why was the FC6 kernel no longer available?
Was it because you deleted it?
If so, I would say the error was on your part, not Fedora's.

I have upgraded several machines from FC-6 to F-7,
and while grub.conf has not been modified as I would have liked,
none of the old kernels in /boot has been deleted.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366