Re: Apache and mod_rewrite

Problem solved, the AllowOverride section in httpd.conf was set to none. As a result directions in .htaccess were being ignored.

Langdon

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
Hi,

I am busy setting up my (web) development environment on my new F7 machine and have found that mod_rewrite in Apache is not working.

phpinfo() reports that mod_rewrite is loaded, but running a little test like that below fails.

   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^test.html$ /test2.html [R=301]

Some searching tells me that mod_rewrite is usually compiled into Apache by default.

Can anyone tell me if mod_rewrite works for them without any changes to the F& Apache install?

Regards,
Langdon