F7 install problems -

I don't know what to do next, describing all the things I've done in the last three days would fill a small book!

I have the DVD iso file on the hard drive on this computer along with the rescue CD iso file.

I made the rescue DC without a problem, it seems to work normally.

The install DVD has been an absolute horror. I have tried everything I can think of and all the things suggested to me on this list to no avail. I still have an error message "That directory could not be mounted from the server."

I have two DVD's my daughter made somehow on her Mac, one a .iso file, apparently she realized that was not what I wanted and there's a second disk with the images burnt to it. I have tried various schemes to use them with an NFS install, no luck. Always that same error message.

The DVD should boot the computer I believe? It does not. The rescue CD does. As did the FC5 DVD I used about a year ago, the F7 DVD seems to be a dud.

I have tried booting with the F7 rescue disk and then inserting the F7 DVD when it asks for the installation "CD," nothing happens, it just keeps asking for the "CD."

I'm 76 years old and have trouble seeing the computer screen and I'm beginning to suspect that I may not live long enough to see F7 installed here on either of the two computers I've tried it on. I've installed every version of RH Linux since RH-5.2 though the Fedora releases and never had a problem like this.

Do these symptoms mean anything to anyone? I can provide detail when asked for specifics ...

Bob Goodwin