Re: fc7 problem with xorg configuration

Joe Smith wrote:

So my questions are:
1) Shouldn't Anaconda/system-config-display detect my monitor?

Yes. File a bug report against your Xorg driver in http://bugzilla.redhat.com if it doesn't.

2) Is the Screen section being deprecated?

Yes. The goal is to auto detect everything and only use the configuration file for user specific customizations

3) If so, then is there an easier way to get my required configuration?
I mean, it would sweet if running system-config-display was all I needed to do.

It wouldn't be even better if no configuration tools were required.

Rahul