Re: What I did to get NetworkManager, ipw3945 & wpa2-personal to work.

Brian Millett wrote:
I'm running F7, NetworkManager-0.6.5-3.fc7.  I just could not get NetworkManager
to connect to my linksys wrt54g router with the security set to wpa-personal.  I
googeled all day long and into the night and all I saw was a lot of other people
with problems.

Tonight I tried to set the security to wpa2-personal on the router.  Tried again
to connect and just no luck.  Stopped NetworkManager, power cycled the router,
tried again.  Still nothing.  Then I noticed (while tailing /var/log/messages)
that it was still trying wpa, but I had tried to make a new connection with
wpa2-personal.

So I stopped NetworkManager, launched gconf-editor, located the settings for my
router and unset all of the values.  Then I started NetworkManager, and selected
my ssid.  Entered the pass phrase and watch in amazement as it made a connection.

So the long and short of it is that something in the gconf settings was stale
and needed refreshing, but I had to do it by hand.

Hope this helps someone else.

Was this a fresh installation or upgrade?

Rahul