Re: cpuspeed issue, present in Fedora Core 6 and in Fedora 7

Christian Burger wrote:
This issue has been plaguing me for a while.  I have an AMD x2 4400+ that
keeps throttling down to it's slowest speed: 1000Mhz.  No matter the load or
cpuspeed settings she will not throttle any higher.  After a complete power
down and startup the speed will be at 2200Mhz but only for a seemingly
random amount of time.  It's a Shuttle system SN95G5v3 with nforce3 250
chipset.  I also get a lot of ACPI "can't turn cooling device 'on'" messages
in dmesg.  I've googled for months now and can't find anything of relevance.
Any suggestions?

If you left click while hovered over the applet, you should get a performance checkbox to show. Would this make any improvement for your usage. Mine maxes out at 1.52 GHz but usually stays at 530 MHz, its slowest speed. I like it at its low speed for my purposes.

Jim