Re: Will wget download -

Paul Ward wrote:
I used wget -c to download the Fedora 7 ISO @3GB and it was fine,
I'd use the -c flag so if your download drops the -c will allow you to continue.

I have found Fedora 7 to be the est release yet, I am very impressed with it.

Ok, thanks to all for the responses.

I found for myself that wget was able to download the entire file without a hitch. I collected the 2.9 gigs in a bit over 4 hours and the rescue CD too, both from the Virginia Tech mirror. My main problem has been the rotten e-mail service from Wildblue. They have had several spells over the last few days where much of my mail has been delayed up to ten and twelve hours!

I usually use wget for downloading the CD length files but of course that was never a problem, near 3 gigs is another matter but it went well.

My next problem will be finding a way to use the DVD .iso file. I'm not certain this machine's drive can burn a disk? I could simply send the file to my daughter's Mac downstairs but with about half a tb of disk space she's still always near maxed out and I am not familiar with that machine, I try to avoid using it. I believe I can install directly from this .iso file to another p/c via the LAN.

Wildblue is one of the two major satellite services available to us in this rural area and is the least restrictive with their "Fair Access Policy." We have no alternative or I would have quit them long ago, they realize that and treat their customers like cattle!

Bob Goodwin