Re: Fedora 7 on PS3

>I'm not familiar with the hardware of a PS3 and suspect that others >may not
>either.  So, it may be helpful to post the output of "lspci" >to give folks a
>better chance of being to help.

Hmmm, lspci doesn't do anything when it runs. It doesn't output any crash messages; just does absolutely nothing.

There is a plus side though. After all the searching for ps3 linux wireless I did on google yesterday and today I searched for lspci linux and the ps3 and immediately came up with this page for YDL 5:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_5.0/ps3-wifi-config2.shtml

Long story short, when you go into System>Administration>Network, even though the adapter was running wired it said it was a wireless connection. So I followed the instructions on the above page, configured the SSID, my key, the wireless channel, etc. and it worked perfectly.

Just guessing, but based on the fact that it is the same driver, and same interface (eth0 in both cases) the hardware is shared for the wired and wireless interfaces, and the same driver drives them...

I rebooted, and it is still working, so I'm happy and I guess I have you to thank. :)

Jason