Re: Fedora 7 live CD on ThinkPad 600X fails

Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:14:18 +0200
From: Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd@xxxxxxx>

I'm having difficulty with trying out the Fedora 7 Live CD on my old IBM
ThinkPad 600X.  When I boot from the CD, I quickly get the messages:

Old?!? ... Oh yeah. I guess seven years is kind of old. :)

cpufreq: change failed with new_state 1 and result

then a longer pause (about 1 minute) and then the message:

WARNING: Cannot find root file system!

I cannot duplicate this problem on my 600X. It boots from the CD just fine. However I have not yet installed F7 on a 600X.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can try next to get the Live CD to work?

I would do the mediacheck.

Although what I really want to know is whether the system can run under
F7 (that's why I'm trying out the Live CD).

It sure appears to work fine here.

-- Chris