Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David G. Miller wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It already does. There are Live CD available. If you are talking about >> regular non Live CD images I have already answered elsewhere in the >> same thread. Mirror push back, duplicate packages in different >> variants, more QA, documentation work, user confusion etc.
>>
>> Rahul
> If I recall correctly, the DVD images prior to FC^h7 were basically a > wrapper around the individual CD images. Why not leave that in place > even if you don't publish the actual CD images? Someone has a DVD, they > use the DVD image as is. Someone only has a CD, they download the DVD > image and split out the individual CDs. That way everyone's happy. > Well, except Mike. He's never happy. :-)

It is not a "wrapper". Don't know where you got that idea.
Sorry. Wrapper may not be the right word or my memory may be off (happens all too often anymore). All I was trying to say is that I thought that the FC6 and prior DVD images included each CD image in the release such that it was possible to easily break out the individual CD images. That is, there would be a directory within the DVD image for the set of files that would be on each CD (or something along that line). I always pull down the individual CD images so this is something I thought was stated in some of the postings to this list. I just (vaguely) remember somebody pointing this out in a posting. If I'm mistaken, sorry.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce