Re: Will wget download -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:

Will wget download the 2.7G/ F-7-i386-DVD.iso?

It seems to me I saw something about a 2 gig limit?

I started the download and it's going at a good rate with eta of 4 hours!

Should I let it go or am I wasting my time?

My isp limits me to 5G down and 17G up in a 30 day period so I hate to waste bw.

Bob Goodwin

/

It depends.
At the shell prompt type: ulimit
and see what is says.  What you want it to say is: unlimited

If it says something that starts with a number less than 3, you may not be able to complete the download.

ulimit -a

will show all the categories that may have limits on them.

-f is the one that ulimit shows with no arguments, like we did above.

For example, to set up unlimited file sizes and enable core dumps of any size:

ulimit -c unlimited -s unlimited -f unlimited

Check /etc/profile for the ulimit section and edit as desired (within reason) to set things up permanently.

Good luck!