Re: nVidia from Freshrpms, selinux

On Mon June 4 2007, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon June 4 2007, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> > > Does this problem persist with the official driver package?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you're asking...do you mean, did I turn back to the
> > originally detected driver straight out of the Fedora 7 install, and did
> > it work? If that's the question, the answer is yes, it did - though it
> > took configuring a new xorg.conf. It was after I was back to the original
> > driver in good working order that I turned off selinux.
>
> I was asking whether this problem persists with the official NVIDIA
> driver package from www.nvidia.com.

OK - got it. No, I didn't try the official driver from your company website. I
did switch over to the Livna driver, and that does work. For now, I'll have
to do the wait-a-day-or-two dance to get the new kmod  when new kernels are
released, which is why I prefer to use the freshrpms repo, which includes the
dkms package that does the build of the new module on the fly, each time I
reboot after installing a new kernel. I have used the official driver in the
past and that's OK - I just prefer to use the packages from the repos and my
regular package manager to do these tasks, when/if they all work together.
I'll wait a few days and see how things sort themselves out

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA