Re: nVidia from Freshrpms, selinux

On Mon June 4 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> It didn't work with the Freshrpms version of the driver. I did run all
> three commands as you suggested. I also found the location of the file for
> the fourth command and ran it.
>
> FYI - libnvidia-tls.so.1 is in:    /usr/lib/nvidia AND in
> /usr/lib/nvidia/tls I ran the command on the first location and that didn't
> help, then ran it on the second, and that didn't help either. I found some
> suggestions on the freshrpms list about creating a file in
> /etc/udev/makedev.d/60-nvidia.nodes
>
> That contains the nvidia devices :
>
> nvidia0
> nvidia1
> nvidia2
> nvidia3
> nvidiactl
>
> But that didn't work, either
> I guess I'm going to try the Livna driver next, although I really like the
> combo of the freshrpms driver and dkms, which builds a new driver module
> automatically  each time I install a new kernel, upon reboot. I never have
> to worry about waiting a couple of days for the new kmod that way

I uninstalled the freshrpms driver and installed the Livna one - now it works.
I wish Livna could include the dkms package or, that freshrpms could fix the
driver they provide. I have run out of time so I can't post this to the
freshrpms list which I don't subscribe to as of yet. I'll try to find the
time later today to do so, and I guess I should try an RFE to Livna to
include dkms

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA