Re: F7 looking [not so] good here.

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
Having said that it appears that you are using third party repositories
and upgraded without their F7 equivalents being enabled. Yum is doing
the right thing is this case.  What you should do is install or enable
the Fedora 7 repository for whatever third party repository you are
using and run yum update or remove those packages and install them again
from the F7 equivalent.

Rahul

Well, I installed mplayer and vlc from livna during a CLEAN install.
Livna was enabled at install time.

rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-1.0-0.75.20070513svn.lvn7

rpm -q vlc
vlc-0.8.6b-5.lvn7

In fact,
rpm -V mplayer
Unsatisfied dependencies for mplayer-1.0-0.75.20070513svn.lvn7.i386: libcaca.so.0, libcucul.so.0, libdvdread.so.3, libenca.so.0, liblirc_client.so.0

Shouldn't these libraries have been installed when mplayer was?

I dont use these packages. You would have report it to their bugzilla or mailing list and track these.

Rahul